Applying for a Vacation Rental Registration Certificate
To obtain a vacation rental permit you must take the following steps. Vacation Rental Application forms are available below.
- Submit a completed Vacation Rental Application or a Homeshare Application.
- If your property has 5 or more bedrooms, you must complete the Estate Home Application Addendum in addition to the Vacation Rental Application.
- Submit a Transient Occupancy Tax Permit Application.
- Provide a completed Vacation Rental Property Pool Compliance Statement (see form on this website for you to have a licensed electrician complete).
- If your property is located within an HOA, a letter from the Management Company or Board of the Directors of the HOA is required stating that you are not violating any HOA governing documents by operating as a short term Vacation Rental in the City of Palm Springs (28 consecutive days or less).
- Provide a copy of your government issued ID.
- Provide payment for all applicable application/permit fees (see below on applications).
- Once the application is completed and received by the Vacation Rental Compliance Department, you may not advertise or rent the property as a short term Vacation Rental until you have received written authorization from the Vacation Rental Compliance Department to proceed. Typical processing time is 45 days.
Vacation Rental Registration Certificate Forms:
- OWNER OPERATOR - Vacation Rental Registration Certificate Application (yearly fee of $900) - Click Here for Application
- AGENCY OPERATOR - Vacation Rental Registration Certificate Application (yearly fee of $900) - Click Here for Application
- HOME-SHARING Registration Certificate Application (yearly fee of $225) - Click Here for Application
- Estate Home Addendum & LUP Application (one-time fee of $133) - Click Here for Addendum
- Vacation Rental Property Pool Compliance Statement for Renewal & New Application - Click Here
- Ownership form if the property is under Natural Persons, LLC, Personal or Family Trust - Click Here
- Friends and Family Form List - Click Here
- Transient Occupancy Tax Permit (one-time fee of $25) - Click Here for Application